If you need immediate help or have a pressing question, the Writing Center offers free 24/7 live writing tutoring to all students in every course. No appointment is necessary. Tutors can answer questions related to brainstorming, understanding your assignment, organizing an essay, developing paragraphs, APA formatting, and many other writing-related topics.
To speak with a tutor follow these step-by-step directions:
Accessing 24/7 Live Writing Tutoring:
- Click on the “Writing Center & Library” link within your course.
- Click on the “Chat Now” button.
- Click on the "Tutoring" button on the screen that opens.
- This will open a screen to the Live Writing Tutoring service.
- You will be asked to state the writing question you have before connecting to a live tutor. You can also upload a document if you'd like, but this is optional.
- Click the "Submit" button to connect with a live writing tutor.
Accessing Past Live Writing Tutoring Sessions:
- Follow the same process you went through to access the live writing tutoring service above.
- When you get to the “describe your writing problem” screen, close this screen by clicking the X in the upper left corner to reveal your TutorMe dashboard.
- From the TutorMe dashboard, open your student account area to find the “Past Lessons” tab.
- You will find previous live writing tutoring sessions within “Live Lessons.”